Mount Solitary, a mountain that is part of the Blue Mountains Range, a spur off the Great Dividing Range, is situated within the Blue Mountains National Park, New South Wales, Australia. Mount Solitary is located approximately 100 kilometres (62 mi) west of Sydney, and a few kilometres south of Katoomba, the main town in the Blue Mountains. The local indigenous people called the mountain Korowal, meaning 'the strong one'. The origin of the contemporary name is obscure, but it may be based on the fact that Mount Solitary is the only mountain in the Jamison Valley. Mount Solitary is located in the middle of the Jamison Valley, one of the main valleys of the Blue Mountains region, immediately south of Katoomba. It is a long, low mountain of sandstone, stretching across the valley from west to east.
Landslide Lookout is home to an interesting and debatable past as well as being home to 'never-ending' mountain and valley views as far as the naked eye can see. There are many boulders that cover a wide-range of the Lookout, cliff sides and lush vegetation. Landslide Lookout is one of those lookouts that make you feel insignificant standing next to the mighty and spectacular nature!
Sizes and Prices
Printing and Shipping
- All prices are in Australian Dollars $
- Credit Card payments can be made through the PayPal system on the website. Ilya Genkin Photography is a verified PayPal Business member and Paypal provides you with 100% security. Through PayPal, you can pay with any major credit card or debit card or your PayPal account. The payment is done securely and in realtime.
- I also offer Direct Bank Deposit for Australian customers.
- Please use xe.com website to convert prices to your local currency.
Black and White Prints
- All Printing is done in Australia by a professional photographic print lab.
- After printing, your photographic print is personally inspected by myself to guarantee your chosen print is beautifully prepared and presented. After close inspection I hand sign every print.
- It's then covered, rolled and packed into a hard cylinder tube to guarantee safe delivery.
- All shipping costs within Australia are included in the price of the print.
- Shipping within Australia is sent via Express Post Registered Mail with full insurance.
- All international postage is handled via FedEx with tracking information and full insurance.
- For International Orders your country may add an import tax at time of arrival in your country. You may need to enquiry about your specific country import taxes if they apply at all.
- At present prints are sent as print only so you may source the frame that suits your home or office locally.
- Quoted sizes for canvas will include the gallery wrap so allow a size reduction of approx. 5cm X 5cm (2" X 2").
- All canvas prints can be stretched around a 5cm (2") frame at any good quality local framer.
- Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery of your chosen print and 21 days for canvas prints.
Any of the photos in my extensive collection can be made into black and white works of art. Please check
the black and white landscape photography page how to get black and white prints from me.
All prints come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not completely
happy with your print, I will provide a full refund for any print returned in new condition within one month of
the purchase date, except for prints with custom cropping or non-standard aspect ratio. I carefully pack and
ship the prints, but if it were to be damaged during transit, I will replace the print free of charge. Prints
have to be returned before I send replacements. Sorry, no exceptions.
International customers (USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Asia and other non-Australian customers),
please note that refund does not include international shipping fee. Only the print price will be
Please Note: Whilst the utmost care has been taken to accurately represent the color and contrast in my online gallery, due to web limitations with jpeg web images and the differences in individual user's monitor settings, printed colors may differ slightly from the photographs viewed on this website thus your final printed photograph will be vasty superior in color, sharpness tone and quality.
For more information on fine art prints, prices, payments, shipping and handling please
see Fine Art Prints page
attraction, Australia, Australian, Blue Mountains, cliff, clouds, dawn, dusk, eucalyptus, evening, forest, formation, Jamison Valley, Katoomba, landscape, Landslide Lookout, lookout, morning, Mount Solitary, mountain, Narrow Neck Peninsula, Narrow Neck Plateau, National Park, nature, New South Wales, night, nobody, NSW, Oceania, outdoor, outside, park, perspective, scenery, scenic, sight, sun, sunrise, sunset, tourism, tourist, tourist attraction, travel, twilight, valley, viewpoint, wall, wilderness
This image id AU-JAMISON-VALLEY-0002 of Walls of Landslide Lookout, Mount Solitary and Jamison Valley at Sunset, is copyrighted © by Ilya Genkin. This is not a public domain image.