Overlooking the gigantic Megalong Valley, Cahill's Lookout is one of the most impressive lookouts in the Blue Mountains, but without the big tourist crowds. Quietly tucked away along the westernmost point of Cliff Drive, the lookout offers breathtaking views of the valley, Megalong Head, Boars Head Rock and the Narrow Neck Peninsula. A short but scenic 500m walking track beings visitors to this beautiful lookout, which consists of one large viewing platform and two smaller ones on each side. The walk also passes the Boars Head Lookout, from where you can can enjoy views of a unique rock formation that resembles, you guessed it, a boar's head. And it actually does, with a bit of healthy imagination. There are two things that make the Cahill's Lookout unique compared to most other lookout points in the area. Firstly, despite the fact that this lookout is one of the prettiest lookout points in the Blue Mountains, the big crowds haven't yet discovered this magnificent spot. Which is great, because it allows visitors to really enjoy the serenity of the area. Secondly, unlike lookouts such as Echo Point and Lincoln's Rock that overlook the Jamison Valley, Cahill's Lookout faces the Megalong Valley, which provides a somewhat different scenery. The Narrow Neck Peninsula, clearly visible from the viewing platform, is the plateau in the middle that divides the two large valleys.
Sizes and Prices
Printing and Shipping
- All prices are in Australian Dollars $
- Credit Card payments can be made through the PayPal system on the website. Ilya Genkin Photography is a verified PayPal Business member and Paypal provides you with 100% security. Through PayPal, you can pay with any major credit card or debit card or your PayPal account. The payment is done securely and in realtime.
- I also offer Direct Bank Deposit for Australian customers.
- Please use xe.com website to convert prices to your local currency.
Black and White Prints
- All Printing is done in Australia by a professional photographic print lab.
- After printing, your photographic print is personally inspected by myself to guarantee your chosen print is beautifully prepared and presented. After close inspection I hand sign every print.
- It's then covered, rolled and packed into a hard cylinder tube to guarantee safe delivery.
- All shipping costs within Australia are included in the price of the print.
- Shipping within Australia is sent via Express Post Registered Mail with full insurance.
- All international postage is handled via FedEx with tracking information and full insurance.
- For International Orders your country may add an import tax at time of arrival in your country. You may need to enquiry about your specific country import taxes if they apply at all.
- At present prints are sent as print only so you may source the frame that suits your home or office locally.
- All canvas prints can be stretched around a 30mm (1.2") frame at any good quality local framer.
- Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery of your chosen print and 21 days for canvas prints.
Any of the photos in my extensive collection can be made into black and white works of art. Please check
the black and white landscape photography page how to get black and white prints from me.
All prints come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not completely
happy with your print, I will provide a full refund for any print returned in new condition within one month of
the purchase date, except for prints with custom cropping or non-standard aspect ratio. I carefully pack and
ship the prints, but if it were to be damaged during transit, I will replace the print free of charge. Prints
have to be returned before I send replacements. Sorry, no exceptions.
International customers (USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Asia and other non-Australian customers),
please note that refund does not include international shipping fee. Only the print price will be
Please Note: Whilst the utmost care has been taken to accurately represent the color and contrast in my online gallery, due to web limitations with jpeg web images and the differences in individual user's monitor settings, printed colors may differ slightly from the photographs viewed on this website thus your final printed photograph will be vasty superior in color, sharpness tone and quality.
For more information on fine art prints, prices, payments, shipping and handling please
see Fine Art Prints page
attraction, Australia, Australian, Blue Mountains, Boars Head Rock, Cahillís Lookout, cliff, clouds, Eucalyptus, forest, formation, hiking, Katoomba, landscape, lookout, Megalong Head, Megalong Valley, mountain, Narrow Neck, Narrow Neck Peninsula, Narrowneck, National Park, nature, New South Wales, nobody, NSW, Oceania, outdoor, outside, panorama, panoramic, perspective, scenery, scenic, sight, sun, sunrise, sunset, tourist, tourist attraction, travel, travel destination, twilight, valley, viewpoint, vista, wilderness
This image id AU-NARROW-NECK-MEGALONG-VALLEY-0001 of Narrow Neck and Megalong Valley, is copyrighted © by Ilya Genkin. This is not a public domain image.