Brachina Gorge is a colourful and spectacular gorge and part of the Flinders Ranges National Park. It is north of Wilpena Pound. Brachina Gorge is about 8 km long and cuts a course through the Heysen Range. The road through the gorge cuts across the creek many times. A transport route was developed through here for the cartage of copper ore from the Blinman mine in the 1860s. About half way through the gorge is the grave of an unknown teamster. Brachina Gorge is an area of important fossils as well as a colourful and spectacular gorge. Rocks in Brachina Gorge were once sediments deposited in a shallow, elongate basin known as the Adelaide Geosyncline 650 to 500 million years ago. Mountain building then took place over many millions of years. This is when Wilpena Pound, a large fold structure, was formed. Weathering and erosion have since reduced the height of the mountain range. A geological track, 20 km. one way, has been established here. It is best to start from the eastern end, on the road between Wilpena and Blinman. Allow 2 - 3 hours to investigate the rocks which include one of the oldest known animal fossils, Dickinsonia costata. Camping is permitted in Brachina Gorge. No facilities have been developed. The area is very popular during school holidays. Firewood is scarce. Bring your own water.
Sizes and Prices
Printing and Shipping
- All prices are in Australian Dollars $
- Credit Card payments can be made through the PayPal system on the website. Ilya Genkin Photography is a verified PayPal Business member and Paypal provides you with 100% security. Through PayPal, you can pay with any major credit card or debit card or your PayPal account. The payment is done securely and in realtime.
- I also offer Direct Bank Deposit for Australian customers.
- Please use xe.com website to convert prices to your local currency.
Black and White Prints
- All Printing is done in Australia by a professional photographic print lab.
- After printing, your photographic print is personally inspected by myself to guarantee your chosen print is beautifully prepared and presented. After close inspection I hand sign every print.
- It's then covered, rolled and packed into a hard cylinder tube to guarantee safe delivery.
- All shipping costs within Australia are included in the price of the print.
- Shipping within Australia is sent via Express Post Registered Mail with full insurance.
- All international postage is handled via FedEx with tracking information and full insurance.
- For International Orders your country may add an import tax at time of arrival in your country. You may need to enquiry about your specific country import taxes if they apply at all.
- At present prints are sent as print only so you may source the frame that suits your home or office locally.
- All canvas prints can be stretched around a 30mm (1.2") frame at any good quality local framer.
- Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery of your chosen print and 21 days for canvas prints.
Any of the photos in my extensive collection can be made into black and white works of art. Please check
the black and white landscape photography page how to get black and white prints from me.
All prints come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not completely
happy with your print, I will provide a full refund for any print returned in new condition within one month of
the purchase date, except for prints with custom cropping or non-standard aspect ratio. I carefully pack and
ship the prints, but if it were to be damaged during transit, I will replace the print free of charge. Prints
have to be returned before I send replacements. Sorry, no exceptions.
International customers (USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Asia and other non-Australian customers),
please note that refund does not include international shipping fee. Only the print price will be
Please Note: Whilst the utmost care has been taken to accurately represent the color and contrast in my online gallery, due to web limitations with jpeg web images and the differences in individual user's monitor settings, printed colors may differ slightly from the photographs viewed on this website thus your final printed photograph will be vasty superior in color, sharpness tone and quality.
For more information on fine art prints, prices, payments, shipping and handling please
see Fine Art Prints page
arid, attraction, AU, Australia, bare, barren, Brachina, Brachina Gorge, bush, climate, color, colour, dawn, dry, dusk, eucalyptus, famous, far away, Flinders Ranges, getaway, hills, Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park, landmark, landscape, morning, mountain, nature, night, nobody, Oceania, outback, outdoor, outside, remote, road, SA, scenic, South Australia, sunrise, sunset, tourism, tourist, track, travel, twilight, wall, wild, wilderness
This image id AU-SA-FLINDERS-0025 of Morning at Brachina Gorge, is copyrighted © by Ilya Genkin. This is not a public domain image.